I will have a long layover on Incheon. I want to visit Seoul during this layover, but according the official website I need a K-ETA and I need to write the address where I'll be staying.

Q17: Transfer/transit passengers who are not entering Korea do not need to get a K-ETA.

Q40: please enter the address of main location where you will be staying during the visit. If the address is changed after you obtained the K-ETA approval, please update it at the K-ETA website [K-ETA Application Results]-[Edit Information]. Please be advised that there may be disadvantages if you do not update your address.

Since my visit will be a short one, I will not get a hotel room. What should I put as the address in this case?

  • 2
    In these cases I typically write "transit" in the form. I don't know whether this is acceptable for South Korea or not. If that doesn't work just book the cheapest hostel and use their address. It's less than US$10 per night
    – Hilmar
    Oct 3, 2022 at 16:21

1 Answer 1


If you are spending the majority of time (at any one place) at the airport maybe try just writing the address of the airport eg. 272, Gonghang-ro, Jung-gu, Incheon, 22382 Korea.

The FAQ Q40 says to give the address of the "main location", so it is defensible.

enter image description here

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .