I entered the UK using my passport and BRP card an received a visitor stamp (6 months) with my BRP number written on it. Should I be worried? Should I contact anyone?

My BRP is valid for 2 more years.

  • 1
    What exactly are you considering being worried about? Aug 16 at 23:08
  • For starters, I am not a visitor. I live here. Why would I receive a visitor stamp?
    – Faust
    Aug 16 at 23:10
  • 1
    Does the stamp contain the wording "Leave to enter for six months: Employment and recourse to public funds prohibited." on top of the rectangular box with rounded corners, or just the rectangular box?
    – B.Liu
    Aug 17 at 0:08
  • @B.Liu It does! Although a bit faded.
    – Faust
    Aug 17 at 1:01
  • 1
    What did the Immigration Officer say when you asked them why they stamped your entry like this?
    – Traveller
    Aug 17 at 5:45

1 Answer 1


I just called them and was informed that as long as the BRP number is on top of the stamped part then everything is okay.

  • 1
    Thanks for your own answer, this will be helpful for people in the same situation.
    – Willeke
    Aug 17 at 13:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.