I am an Indian citizen. My daughter stays in Italy. I want to visit her for 30 days in September. What type of visa should I apply?

In the Italian schengen visa application form, there are two options to select.

  1. Short term visa C .
  2. Default _ Italy _India.

I am not able to understand which one should I apply for.

  • I wonder whether you've misunderstood the form. "Default Italy India" does not appear to be a type of visa at all.
    – phoog
    Jul 8, 2022 at 5:57
  • I think she meant "D" visa. Its for long term stay. Jul 8, 2022 at 7:04
  • @AnishSheela that's certainly possible, and if it's correct then the answer is clear. But how exactly do you get from "Default Italy India" to "D"?
    – phoog
    Jul 9, 2022 at 15:02

1 Answer 1


You have to apply for Short term visa "C".

This will enable you to visit Italy and other Schengen countries (provided, your main destination is Italy).

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .