I am a non-EU national currently staying in the country of Georgia on their one-year visa-free program which includes my country. I have been living here for 7 months but do not have any official residence permit, only a lease agreement.

I am applying to enter the EU on a Tourist visa short stay <= 90 days. But I am currently held up in the application asking for the Residence Permit Number or Equivalent.

What do I do in this scenario? I no longer "live" in my home country, but also do not officially hold residence here (unless I am misunderstanding)

  • 1
    I suspect that the answer may be that your residence in Georgia on the basis of visa-free entry does not permit you to apply. See netherlandsworldwide.nl/countries/georgia/travel/…, for example. It might help you get an answer if you stated which Schengen country you wish to apply to, and your citizenship.
    – Traveller
    May 21 at 14:38


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.