I entered Paraguay by land and they gave me 15 days instead of 90 days. It was due to the fact that it looked suspicious to them that I didn't have hotel reservations for all of my stay. But I never book in advance for a whole stay; instead I'll book for 1-2 days and then either change a hotel or keep staying there paying directly.

  1. In this situation, can I go to the immigration in Asuncion and ask them to extend my stamp to be, let's say, + 1 month? After all, I'm normally allowed to stay 90 days in the country, per a half-a-year period.

  2. Otherwise, what else can I do? Leave Paraguay for 1 hour, by land, and then come back thus getting a new entry?

  1. In case I overstay for 1-2 weeks, what'll be the fine per day?
  • Will you have reservations for the rest of your stay? It seems possible that if you request an extension or attempt a re-entry run but haven’t addressed the original reason for the limitation, you will be risking a refusal (which you will then have to disclose on any future visa applications that ask about such things. Ditto an overstay).
    – Traveller
    Apr 11 at 15:15
  • @Traveller how do you know all that? Are you speculating?
    – Rurik
    Apr 11 at 15:21
  • 1
    Yes, of course I am speculating, but only about the possibility of refusal. The rest is not speculation, it applies should you actually be refused.
    – Traveller
    Apr 11 at 15:29
  • A "fine per day" is the least of your worries. If you overstay,you will have to report that in every visa application to any third country for a decade or more. That's going to severely damage your chances of getting visa elsewhere.
    – TooTea
    Apr 13 at 6:08
  • @TooTea there's no such a rule to report an overstay in every visa. Gibberish.
    – Rurik
    Apr 13 at 19:00


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy