Given the recent invasion into Ukraine, all Western airlines were banned from Russian space and cannot use Ukrainian airspace for obvious reasons. A similar ban applies to Russian airlines flying over Western airspace. Which scheduled flight was the most affected by this closure? To clarify:
- The flight in question must be regularly scheduled
- It must be a passenger flight
- The flight route must be visible on FlightAware, FlightStats or a similar website
- Distance will be judged by the deviation between the shortest possible flight route and the one taken in practice
- The flight must be scheduled to/from/within Russia or normally scheduled to fly over Russian/Ukrainian airspace.
- Flights which are now forced to make a fuel stop count too.
It’s now been 3 weeks since the start of the conflict so I assume airlines were able to update their routes by now.