I am planning to travel from Munich to Reykjavík via London using easyJet. The layover at London is overnight. I have a common format residence permit issued by Germany and an Indian passport.
The UK government website states one may be eligible to transit without a visa as long as
- you arrive and depart by air
- have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you
- arrive have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)
- you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
It says "you may be eligible" on the website - what could be the reason one is not allowed to do so?
So I just want to confirm the following
- Will I be allowed to board the airline in such a case?
- Will I be able to leave the airport and stay outside overnight and take the connecting flight the next day of arrival in London?