I'm an American citizen living in London. I have a yellow vaccine booklet that is originally from the US and is about 13 years old now, filled with all my requisite vaccinations, most importantly yellow fever.

However, the vaccine booklet has come separated and each page stands individually. This happened on my last trip to a country checking yellow fever vaccines, just before COVID, and I was warned by the immigration officer that I had better get it fixed as it is technically invalid in that state.

Is there a way to replace the vaccine booklet in the UK, despite it originating in America, without having to get re-vaccinated?

1 Answer 1


If it works in the UK like it does in the Netherlands, any doctor or clinic who can do vaccinations can give you a new one.

Of course they may not have the right stamps for the specific vaccines you had in the past, which might cause problems, but worth a try.

And of course do keep in mind that most vaccines are only valid for a limited period, so you might need some of them redone anyway.

  • In Germany these booklets can be bought in most pharmacies (Apotheke). See How do you get the vaccination certificates? at: Your guide to travel vaccination certificates - practio.co.uk Commented Feb 2, 2022 at 10:00
  • Thank you for the response. I will check this option out. If it works, I will mark as correct.
    – MrSethward
    Commented Feb 2, 2022 at 10:28
  • 1
    The UK (or at least England) seems fairly unusual in that it does not seem to produce such cards or documentations. I've resided my whole life in England receiving a whole variety of vaccinations and have never possessed or seen any card or document with them listed on. I believe vaccinations are meant to be tracked in medical records, but I'm not sure how reliably they actually are.
    – CMaster
    Commented Feb 2, 2022 at 16:23
  • @CMaster I believe they're generally fairly good at tracking them within a surgery, but if the patient gets some vaccinations not through the GP where they're registered, or they register with a new surgery it's not unusual for records to end up incomplete. When I first changed my registration for university the new place had no records of any of my vaccinations, but the place I'm currently registered with seems to have all my records from the entire period. I'm not sure if that's due to better records sharing, or the last place messing up though
    – Tristan
    Commented Feb 2, 2022 at 17:24
  • 4
    @CMaster they are (or at least were) certainly issued by private travel clinics, specifically for vaccinations required to enter another country, in the prescribed international format. As mentioned by the OP yellow fever is the big one. Vaccinations required domestically are treated rather differently. nhs.uk/conditions/yellow-fever/vaccination
    – origimbo
    Commented Feb 2, 2022 at 17:34

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .