Where in the world can you still see German WWII U-boats or U-boat pens?
Preserved U-boats :
1) Maritime Museum, Bremerhaven, Bremen, Germany
- U-2540 / Wilhelm Bauer, Type XXI scuttled near Flensburg 1945, salvaged 1957, relaunched 1960 as 'Wilhelm Bauer', became museum ship 1984
- U-995, type VII-C/41 surrendered 1945 to British at Trondheim, Norway, 1952-1965 became Norwegian submarine Kaura, became museum ship at Laboe 1971
- Laboe Naval Memorial (Marine-Ehrenmal) - Tripadvisor
- thanks to @CarlChristian for posting it in this question about Kiel
- U-534 Type IXC/40 sunk by RAF bomber 1945 in the Kattegat (Denmark), salvaged in 1993 by a Danish team, brought to Birkenhead in 1996, museum since 2009
4) Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- U-505, Type IXC captured by US Navy, June 4, 1944
- The five bases in occupied France were Lorient, Brest, Saint-Nazaire, La Pallice(/La Rochelle), and Bordeaux. Some parts of those pens remain.