My current company name has been changed in the US but the Indian subsidiary is using the same old name. I do not have any document to show a connection between the new US & old Indian company name. I also have B1 US Visa valid till 2017. What do I do for immigration check?

  • 3
    Get a document to prove that connection? – Michael Borgwardt May 3 '13 at 9:55
  • 1
    Is your company name printed on your Visa? – Karlson May 3 '13 at 13:26

B1/B2 is a visitor/tourist visa. US immigration officers don't care what company you work for in India (unless there are some very unusual circumstances). You can enter the USA on a valid B1/B2 even if the purpose of your trip is different from that of your first trip to the USA (as long as you don't intend to violate the conditions of B1/B2).

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.