I have a saudi and a canadian passport. I am planning to do my masters in Vancouver but I want to enter Canada as a Saudi because I am entitled for a scholarship from Saudi and it requires that I must have the visa of the country I am willing to study at on my Saudi passport.

Is it legal for me to apply for a Canadian visa if I have the Canadian passport? Is it legal to live in Canada as a foreigner while I am already Canadian?

  • 1
    Talk to the Saudi organization who gives the scholarship. Maybe they only require you to have all necessary visas to conduct your studies, which in your case means no visas are needed. – DJClayworth May 2 '13 at 13:16

I do not believe it is possible for a Canadian citizen to get a Canadian visa.

You can enter and leave Canada on any passport you want, but a Saudi passport does not have visa-free access to Canada, so that wouldn't work either.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.