TRAVEL UPDATE🔊: we’re making testing easier for travel 🧳💉 From Mon 4 Oct, if you’re fully vax you won’t need a pre-departure test before arrival into England from a non-red country and from later in Oct, will be able to replace the day 2 PCR test with a cheaper lateral flow.
I am travelling to a green list destination country from 5th to 8th October.
I am fully vaccinated (and have proof of this via the relevant NHS app).
As things currently stand, I think I need to book a day two PCR test on my return to the UK, which will cost at least £40. My understanding is that I don't need to book the test until I fill in the passenger locator form on my return to the UK, so I can potentially wait until then to book a test, although I might want to book a bit sooner if I need it to be posted to me.
(I also need to be tested on arrival in the destination country, but that's outside the scope of this question).
Is it safer to book a PCR test now, or should I wait a few more days and see if this requirement changes?