I am a Russian citizen planning to travel to the US in August 2021. Could anyone please advise through which countries I am allowed to fly to the US currently? I have a US F1 visa. May I travel through European countries if I don't have an EU visa? By "travel through" I mean transit by air. Do I need to be vaccinated or is a PCR Covid 19 test enough?

  • 2
    Welcome to TSE. What research have you done so far? ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/… Does ‘travel through’ mean you intend to transit airside or will you need to clear Immigration on arrival in the Schengen area?
    – Traveller
    Jul 5 at 11:29
  • 5
    Are you a US permanent resident, or do you have a relationship (spouse, parent, child...) of a US citizen or permanent resident, or are you otherwise exempted from the US travel bans? If not, you cannot transit to the US via countries of the Schengen Area, the UK or Ireland, even if you stay airside.
    – jcaron
    Jul 5 at 12:04
  • 1
    See our FAQ on covid-19-related travel restrictions to the US, but do note that this is a particularly volatile time for many of these restrictions, and it's impossible to predict what might change in the next month or two between now and your proposed flights.
    – mlc
    Jul 5 at 19:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.