Is there an Italian name for the doorway curtains found especially in towns in the Venice lagoon, such as Burano? How would a local go about purchasing these?

  • 1
    I'd guess a local would go to a local store and hand over cash and get the doorway covering of their choice /s
    – Peter M
    Jul 1 '21 at 23:40
  • 2
    tenda da sole a caduta Jul 1 '21 at 23:42
  • I think you will find more relevant information on our sister site about Italian (italian.stackexchange.com). I have mixed feeling what it is the more appropriate site, but possibly it depends on the kind of answer you want (more linguistic and similar words; or more touristic/cultural/use) Jul 2 '21 at 12:14
  • @GiacomoCatenazzi yes, I wasn't sure either... I will try over on the other site as well, but I do think this is more of a cultural/travel question, because certain Italian towns do not do this, and others have them on nearly every door
    – Ryan
    Jul 2 '21 at 18:41
  • @PeterM I'm sure you're not far off, but this striped drape style is a little too distinct and coordinated to just be a random shopping choice ;)
    – Ryan
    Jul 2 '21 at 18:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.