Post-Brexit, Is a UK visitor visa needed for a UK citizen's non-EU spouse with EU Article 50 Residence Card to visit the UK together? I am a Chinese citizen, living with my UK citizen spouse in Germany. We want to visit the UK together at some point. We both have resident cards issued under article 50.

  • 1
    At what date are you planning to travel? Before or after 30 June 2021? Not sure it really matters in your specific case, but a few things change at that time (including "Surinder Singh" family permits, but i'm not sure they apply here).
    – jcaron
    May 14, 2021 at 14:59
  • 2
    Useful link: gov.uk/check-uk-visa
    – Clockwork
    May 14, 2021 at 15:15
  • I guess the question in the sidebar which looks very similar is actually out of date now? May 14, 2021 at 16:02
  • @jcaron maybe before 30 June, but yeah just for a short visit so Surinder Singh is not quite applicable
    – maggie
    May 14, 2021 at 16:06


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .