My girlfriend has worked for my company based in the US since 2019 and still works here (with a modest salary). She wants to come visit my family in the US and we were wondering the best way to approach things. I've drafted an invitation letter as well as an employment verification for her -- but I think it's a bit weird that my name is on both of those letters (even though it is quite legitimate, I wonder if this would raise some sort of flag?)

Should our HR director sign the employee verification letter itself or is it fine if my name is on both documents?

Also, given she's a full-time contractor, is she allowed to work for this US company during her visit or should she just explicitly take the entire duration of her trip off?

  • For B2 visa you do not need any documentation, not needed and nobody will look for them. Follow the instruction for visa. – Giacomo Catenazzi Apr 29 at 9:06
  • For B2, we will need to provide verification from the employer about her work status and salary (I'm her boss) and also an invitation letter with the friend or family you're staying with is optional but highly recommended. – travel-rce Apr 29 at 14:56
  • 1
    Where are you (since you're inviting her) and where is she? What is her citizenship/residency? – Midavalo Apr 29 at 15:20
  • What ties does she have to her country of residence? For how long is she planning to visit? – Traveller Apr 29 at 18:44
  • 1
    "is she allowed to work for this US company during her visit": no. – phoog Apr 29 at 22:16

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.