Can I travel to Japan with a US travel document (reentry permit) and my expired Venezuelan passport? I am a military dependent with orders to travel there. Can they put my Japanese visa there? My passport expired and I won’t be able to renew it. USA considers it valid but not Japan.

  • 6
    As a military dependent with orders to travel there, you should recieve a valid document to make such travel possible. Talk to those that issued that order first, is my advice. – Mark Johnson Oct 24 '20 at 15:53
  • Do you have a US military ID? – phoog Oct 24 '20 at 22:28

According to https://traveldoc.aero, you can board a flight to Japan with only a US military identification and your travel orders. You can also board a flight to the US with only those documents, or only with the re-entry permit. So, if you have a military ID in addition to the documents you mention, which I suppose you probably do, you should be fine to make this trip without renewing your passport and without applying for a Japanese visa.

Tokyo Narita International Airport


Visa is not required for passengers holding military identification cards issued by the United States, with orders.

Los Angeles (CA) International Airport

United States of America

Visa is not required for United States of America.

I omit a bunch of stuff about COVID-19.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.