I am flying from India to Newark (EWR) arriving at terminal B and then flying from Terminal C from Newark (EWR) to Houston. Both are separate ticket and i have to complete my immigration/custom at Terminal B. Since i am flying with 2 kids what is my option to avoid moving luggage (6 check in bag + 3 carryon bag + 2 stroller) by myself from Terminal B to Terminal C to catch another flight ?
I go to EWR regularly but I don't recall seeing any porters in the last few year and I don't know if any are allowed in customs anyway. There are luggage carts but that won't help if you don't have enough hands to push it all.
- Contact the airline or the airport, see if they have any suggestion or ideas
- Ask random strangers for help. Most people will be more than happy to give you a hand for some stretches of your adventure. Also ask, staff for help. If you need to take the train, ask an attendant to keep the door open until you have fully boarded or are out of the train.
- Try to create your own porter. Bring a few 20-dollar bills and look for potential candidates. Maybe younger budget travelers that have more time then money. Ask for help getting to Terminal C and offer a 20 as a token of your gratitude.
- Try to do it alone. If all your bags fit on one card and the kids can push their own stroller for a few minutes at a time this may work. Given that you have three carry ons, I assume the kids are all at least two years old.
- Book a VIP transfer service. Maybe something like this https://murgencyairportassistance.com/ourservices?c=EWR . This is not going to be cheap.
- Rebook your flight. This connection is a pretty bad idea, you'd be MUCH better of booking a single ticket with a connection outside the US and have Houston be your port of entry (it's a sizable international airport). I don't know how much time you have between connections, but given your situation, I would recommend AT LEAST 6 hours.