I'm on a B2 visitor visa in the US. I want to go back go the UK for christmas. If I did so would I be able to reenter the country right now? Or would I be denied entry?

  • AFAIK the US is allowing B1/B2 visa holders to enter the country by air. There may or may not be restrictions/isolation etc. requirements in the state after you enter. B1/B2 visa holders cannot currently enter the US by land.
    – Midavalo
    Commented Aug 23, 2020 at 17:13
  • Remember that the answers to these sorts of question can change quickly. Christmas is a long time away, and no one today knows what things will be like then. Commented Aug 23, 2020 at 17:27
  • 6
  • Are you residing in the US on a tourist visa?
    – Crazydre
    Commented Aug 23, 2020 at 21:12
  • Covid aside, Christmas is 4 months away. How long will you have been in the US by the time you leave? Unless your B2 was explicitly granted for a long stay, I would say there is a danger that you will not be readmitted anyway. Commented Aug 24, 2020 at 14:23

1 Answer 1


B2 visitors can enter the US right now by air. However, you cannot enter the US if you were physically present in Mainland China, Iran, the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, or Brazil in the preceding 14 days.

  • Which means that if the rules don’t change until then, OP won’t be able to re-enter the US after having been in the UK, unless they spend at least 14 days in a country not on the blacklist.
    – jcaron
    Commented Aug 23, 2020 at 20:53
  • Also note that it seems that many visas have been automatically cancelled. OP should approach the US embassy to confirm status.
    – jcaron
    Commented Aug 23, 2020 at 20:57
  • 2
    @jcaron: I don't know if you are talking about other countries, but AFAIK no US visas have been "automatically cancelled" other than for overstay.
    – user102008
    Commented Aug 23, 2020 at 21:08
  • @jcaron ESTAs are being automatically cancelled when people try to use them, but ESTA is not a visa.
    – phoog
    Commented Aug 26, 2020 at 14:32

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .