My son is 12 years old, he was born in Canada. He is holding a Valid T4 Visa and BRP card. But recently I applied a Chinese passport for him with an alternative name and alternative birthday.

I used his Chinese Passport to apply for UK Visitor Visa recently which was refused. On the application, I did not declare his Canadian passport information as China is not allowed Dual citizenship. Also, on his Chinese passport, his birthplace is China (the only way I can apply for his Chinese citizen was to declare he was born in China).enter image description here

Refusal reason and letter please kindly refer to attachment. enter image description here

Due to COVID-19, China revoked all Foreigner's visa to enter China, that's why I want to use a Chinese passport to let my son freely leave and return to China(all my family in China). I am deeply worried that next time when he arrives at Heathrow Airport, the Border Control offer will not let him entering UK with his Canadian Passport and BRP card. Moreover, I am worried about his next T4 Visa renewal (July 2021) will be refused. Is there anything I can do to avoid that?

  • 8
    Ouch. You're up for a world of hurt, because in addition to not providing the information to the UK authorities and their noticing the discrepancy, you actually have a fake passport in your hands (or a real passport with false data). If you are worried about the UK, you should probably be even more worried about the PRC if they find out.
    – jcaron
    Aug 18, 2020 at 13:47
  • 4
    For future reference, lying to government officials can create so many problems that, even with any ethical consideration, it is not a useful strategy. In addition to the UK problem, there is risk in your son traveling to China if the PRC officials find out his passport application included a false date and place of birth. That is a long term problem. COVID related travel restrictions are relatively short term. Aug 18, 2020 at 15:00
  • @amy I have rolled back your edits twice because the revisions you are making are simply removing important context. If you want to get good answers you should include all the relevant details.
    – user105640
    Aug 18, 2020 at 16:53
  • @Arthur'sPass i want to delete my post. Tks.
    – AMY
    Aug 18, 2020 at 16:55
  • DON'T go anywhere near China with that Chinese passport. Given the capricious nature of the Chinese government the consequences could be dire indeed if they find out what you've done.
    – user105640
    Aug 18, 2020 at 16:56

1 Answer 1


Get a lawyer, get a lawyer NOW - you should indeed be worried about your son's next entry to the UK, not just the renewal in 2021 (which stands a high chance of being refused). You are going to need a lawyer experienced in both UK and Canadian immigration issues to sort this one out, this is far beyond what we deal with here.

To sum up from the comments some of the issues you need legal assistance with:

  • Fraudulently obtaining a Chinese passport with false details
  • Deception during an application for a British Standard Visitor Visa

Holding a fraudulently obtained foreign passport may in-fact be illegal in Canada as well (I have an open Law question on this, so will update when I get a good answer), so theres potentially some issues there.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .