I want to import my PC from Ukraine to the US. I'm a student here on a F-1 visa. It is around 3-4 years old, and the total cost of all components (used) is around $1000 (+- $100). I want it to get send over a mail service, and I was wondering if I need to fill out any forms to make the process as easy and fast as possible. I do not plan to leave/sell it in the US.

  • A note: "personal use" is not much relevant, you still need to pay import taxes. There are exceptions when moving (but maybe it is not worth for just a package, but if you are moving other stuffs..). 1000$ for a 3-4 old computer seems quite a lot. Jul 22, 2020 at 9:11
  • It was a high end computer at a time. Could you point me to a direction where to look for documents to fill out/duties I need to pay? Jul 22, 2020 at 12:34
  • How do you want to send it? Check online on post office website (country of origin) or on courier website. But to send document, it is mandatory to do a uniformed custom declaration, for all parcels. So you will find in websites on your country of origin. In short: number of items, short description (usually in English), and estimate value. Sometime price of sending item is added, but this will be done by post office.courier. Jul 22, 2020 at 12:53
  • My dad will send it, and he wants to use Meest Express (meest.us). It's basically a service to send packages to/from the US. I tried looking for information on their website, but the section with "Send parcels from Ukraine to the US" does not load. Jul 22, 2020 at 13:51
  • 3
    I’m voting to close this question because it's not a travel question, but a question about export and import. It might be a question to ask on Expatriates, but even there it might be off-topic.
    – user105640
    Jul 22, 2020 at 22:02


Browse other questions tagged .