If I believe that I've found an error in Timatic---for example, it claims that a particular document is not required, but I believe that the document is required under applicable laws and regulations---is there any way to ask them to consider making a correction?

  • It may also be appropriate to contact the authorities of the country involved, as they would be the primary source of the information. Depending on the country, this may or may not be straightforward, though. Out of curiosity, what is the correction? – jcaron Jun 22 '20 at 16:41
  • 1
    @jcaron The United Airlines interface to Timatic suggests that travellers to the US who hold an advance parole document are exempt from presenting a passport, and I believe that this information is contradicted by both CBP and USCIS. – Brian Jun 22 '20 at 16:52
  • 2
    @Brian It's correct, parole holers (incl. EAD cards endorsed I-512) don't need a passport. The TIMATIC team strongly dislike correction requests not backed up by individual correspondence from the border authorities – Crazydre Jun 22 '20 at 16:57
  • @Crazydre What is your source for this claim? USCIS says that the AP can substitute for a visa, but "does not replace your passport". – Brian Jun 22 '20 at 16:58
  • 1
    @Brian E-mail the CBP and they will confirm this to you. Put mark.a.morgan@cbp.dhs.gov, robert.e.perez@cbp.dhs.gov, edward.e.young@cbp.dhs.gov and todd.c.owen@cbp.dhs.gov as recipients, and start the message with "Please forward to the person/department liaising with the IATA TIMATIC team" then share your concerns as clearly as possible. – Crazydre Jun 22 '20 at 17:01

There is a contact page on the Timatic web 2 website:

Do you experience any technical problem, have any invoicing questions, content related issues or need more information about your subscription status?

Please contact our Customer Service via www.iata.org/cs

On the IATA website, it looks like you need to use the Customer Portal:

The IATA Customer Portal is packed with useful services, product information, useful tips and tricks specially tailored to you. You can use it to contact our Customer Service Team easily, including live chat or directly purchase from our online store.

You can create an account here.

It is preferred to have solid evidence to back it up (preferably an e-mail from the actual border authority)

  • That said, the suggested error is in fact not an error – Crazydre Jun 22 '20 at 16:57
  • @Crazydre I'll keep the answer up for actual 'errors' :) – Xnero Jun 22 '20 at 16:59
  • 2
    There is the email address timediting@iata.org, but again, they dislike requests from the public, so one had damn better be clear about what is being questioned, and have solid evidence to back it up (preferably an e-mail from the actual border authority). After I myself sent a number of successful requests, I was assigned the sourcing manager as a contact person and now exclusively liaise with him – Crazydre Jun 22 '20 at 17:08
  • So I guess the full answer to this question is that the customer portal should be used, and additionally one should include a copy of an email from the responsible immigration authorities. Perhaps that detail should be edited into the answer? – Brian Jun 22 '20 at 17:29
  • @Brian edited, yes you are correct – Xnero Jun 22 '20 at 17:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.