I'm planning a trip to the Netherlands mid-April, and I've already made reservations. I understand that because of the current coronavirus pandemic, I may have to postpone my trip or cancel it entirely.
However, instead of deciding now, I'd like to decide later (in April) if I should continue with my trip plans or cancel it (depending on travel advisories issued by my country (India) and the Netherlands, which would apply at that time). Which requires that I proceed with my visa application now (as I must apply at least 15 working days earlier). I understand that it is quite likely that I may have to cancel or postpone my trip (the global travel situation seems unlikely to get better by next month, but I want to stay optimistic, or at least not regret that I could have applied for visa in March if situations in mid-April do get favourable for a trip).
My concern is if the current coronavirus pandemic can be cited as a reason for visa refusal by the Netherlands embassy. I.e., does the current pandemic increase the likelihood of visa refusal when compared to normal circumstances? Are there any rules in visa policy of Schengen Area that concern with situations like this?
UPDATE: To clarify, my concern here is if the current pandemic will increase the likelihood of visa refusal. (Whether or not I'll be able to travel to the Netherlands in April is a different issue). The reason I'm separating these two concerns is because with new EU visa rules, I may qualify for a long validity visa (as I've been issued multiple Schengen visas in past), so if in the unfortunate case I've to postpone my April trip, I can do so & re-plan on a much shorter notice. Whereas if I don't apply for a visa now and do so later, I'll have to plan for weeks in advance again (as I must apply for a visa 15 working days / 3 weeks in advance).
UPDATE: If the Netherlands issues a travel restriction in near future, will that result in a visa refusal or application rejection?
UPDATE: I decided to not apply for the visa and cancelled my travel plans.