A few months ago, I got an International Driving Permit. Then, last month, I got a new endorsement on my California driver's license (M1 endorsement for driving motorcycles)

Can I now legally drive motorcycles overseas with my existing IDP? Or do I need to get a new IDP to reflect my new endorsement before that's legal?

1 Answer 1


Your IDP is simply a translation of your existing license into several languages, with the classes of vehicles you can drive endorsed by a stamp. You'll notice that your existing IDP only has the stamp on class B (passenger cars), and does not have the stamp on class A (motorcycles), so it does not indicate that you can drive motorcycles. To be sure, you should get it replaced.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .