I am planning to visit the UK on a USA travel document but there’s nowhere I am able to find information about visas: I’m a Zimbabwean but using a USA refugee travel document do I need to apply for a UK visa before I travel or I can they just give them on arrival.


2 Answers 2


Assuming you hold a Travel Document Under the Convention of 1951, inputting your data into Timatic, the database used by airlines yields the following results:

United Kingdom - Destination Visa

Visa required.

You will need to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa.


Using this tool https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y and selecting ‘Stateless or Refugee’ for the nationality will give you the answer (which is that you need a visa).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.