My mother is a US citizen but overstayed in the philippines for 3 yrs now due to 2 of my brothers had a stroke and 1 passed away,and now she is looking after my other brother.Iwant to her to return to the US anytime soon.What is your advice?She will be 90 yrs old in a couple of months.

  • 5
    What is the question you need help with? As it stands it's not clear what you're confused about. – Matthew FitzGerald-Chamberlain Mar 1 '20 at 1:58
  • 3
    If your mother is an American (US) citizen, then once her identity/citizenship is proven (generally by a passport), she cannot be refused entry into the United States of America. She may have problems entering other countries, however – Matthew Barclay Mar 1 '20 at 2:20
  • She may or will have problems entering the Philippines. No problems with the US whatsoever as long as she can prove she's American, i.e. a US passport. – kiradotee Mar 1 '20 at 2:29
  • 7
    Does this answer your question? Overstayed in the Philippines for years: How to go back to the US without paying a big fine? – user105640 Mar 1 '20 at 3:05
  • 1
    It's worth noting, however, that if she has an expired US passport, the airline may refuse to board her for a US-bound flight. – DavidSupportsMonica Mar 1 '20 at 10:02