I'm an Indian Citizen and I'm planning on attending a 3 day conference in Portugal, but spend another 10 days in Spain and Portugal as a tourist. Which visa type should I apply for - business or travel?


1 Answer 1


In your application you just state that after the 3 days conference in Portugal (main purpose of visit) you would like to spend a further 10 days for tourism in Portugal and Spain.

A business visa (when needed) always includes a visitor visa. So if for a conference a business visa is required, just add the itinerary for the tourism portion in the application.

  • Do I have to apply for this Schengen Visa at the Portuguese Consulate? or can I apply in Spain? I know it makes more sense to apply in the Portuguese consulate, but I'm getting a much earlier appointment in the Spanish Consulate.
    – UtsavShah
    Commented Feb 15, 2020 at 6:11
  • @UtsavShah Yes, since Portugal is the country for the main purpose of your visit. Spain will probably refuse to accept your application due to this reason. Commented Feb 15, 2020 at 7:56

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .