I'm Chinese citizen travel by chinese passport currently hold an Australian PR and apply for Schengen visa. Field 18 ask

Residence in a country other than the country of current nationality: No Yes. Residence permit or equivalent ................. No. ................... Valid until .................

My answer is Yes. Then I'm confused about what to fill in. Should I put in my vise class / subclass and visa grant No.?

  • You would put in the no of your Australia PR and its valid to date, assuming you are not Australian citizen of course Jan 15 '20 at 15:48
  • @MattDouhan I don't know about Australia specifically, but generally countries do not grant permanent resident status to their own citizens.
    – phoog
    Jan 15 '20 at 15:51
  • @phoog Agreed but it was not clear in the question so just putting a caveat in there Jan 15 '20 at 15:52
  • I'm Chinese citizen travel by chinese passport. I guess I should answer Yes here
    – yskhys
    Jan 15 '20 at 16:03
  • @MattDouhan would you add an answer?
    – phoog
    Jan 15 '20 at 16:25

The visa subclass and grant number seem perfectly reasonable to include as the numbers for the Schengen visa application form.

You can also print a copy of proof of permanent residence from VEVO and include it with your Schengen visa application. This will remove all doubt and allow the consulate to verify your permanent resident status.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.