I am the first time traveler to Austria from India, but I don't know the procedure, documents, eligibility, and fees required to get the Schengen Visa India. I have checked with the Austria Embassy website but I didn't get sufficient information. So, Can anyone guide for this?
For Travelling to Austria you need Schengen Visa (C) - Also known as the short term permit. We can apply for Austria Tourist Visa offline from India. Before starting the process, it is important to ensure that you are eligible to apply for this visa. Once this is done, you can proceed to apply as per the following.
Eligibility for Austria Schengen Visa for Indians
You must be an Indian citizen residing in India or you must be a a foreigner who is living on a permanent or temporary residence permit in India
You must possess a passport valid for at least six months from your intended travelling date.
You must possess sufficient funds to cover your all expenses in Austria.
Your purpose of the visit must be a tourist visa while you are applying for this visa.
Following is the procedure for Visa:
- Collect the necessary documents required to the Austria embassy. Download the application form from the Austrian embassy website to apply.
- Fill in your details, affix a passport size photo & then sign at the respective places in the application form.
- Book an appointment at visa application centre (VAC) or the Austrian embassy for the submission of document & biometric.
- With your application form & the documents, visit the respective VAC to submit your document and biometrics.
- You have to pay the fees to complete the application process.
List of Required Documents:
- A valid passport
- Covering letter contains the details of the traveller, also all the details of the travel
- Detailed Itinerary of travel
- Confirmed round trip tickets of flight
- Accommodation Proof
- Travel medical insurance covering 30000 Euros
- Proof of employment or studies
- Proof of civil status
- Financial statement documents to show sufficient funds
Schengen Visa Fees for Indians Another mandatory step while applying for a Schengen Visa For Indians is to pay the visa fees. The visa fee for Austria Schengen Visa C is Euros 60, must be paid at the time of visa application.
Seems straight forward to me, visit the VFS Global link.
- Select Menu and then the Short Term Visa type you need
Submission of Visa Application
The visa applications can be submitted at any of the 20 centers of VFS Global all over the country. For contact details and further information regarding submission of visa application at VFS , please visit the link of VFS Global.