I have a residence permit of Denmark. I will visit Svalbard and then go from Svalbard to Copenhagen. Since I will need to transit in Oslo and Tromsø, and Svalbard is outside of the Schengen area, I am not 100% sure if I can enter mainland Norway from Svalbard using my danish residence permit. Any help is appreciated:-)

1 Answer 1


Your valid unexpired EU common format residence permit from Denmark allows you to enter any other Schengen area countries for 90 days out of every 180 days. You can travel confidently.

  • Thanks! I've been back from Svalbard. Everything goes smoothly:-)
    – Snjór
    Jan 3, 2020 at 12:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.