I have written a Letter of Explanation detailing my intents on visiting Canada. But one of the things I needed to be sure about was documentation. Now See something like this

I have declared that I have a landed property (Real Estate property), And it was passed down to my father from my grand father, and my father passed it on to me to handle. I declared this as some tie to my home country, is there a need for a sworn affidavit? Or i just merge it as one of the documents I need together with my letter of Explanation and submit? Just needed to be very sure here.


All you need to include is a document that proves that you own the land, such as the Certificate of Occupancy, or the Deed of Assignment, showing that you are the property owner.

  • its passed on from grand father , to my father , then on to me... thats why i am worried – Adam Dec 28 '19 at 19:29
  • @Adam I don't know how inherited properties are handled in Nigeria, but certainly there is some procedure where the transfer is registered with the government? This will generate a document, and that registration is what you should look for. – Michael Hampton Dec 28 '19 at 19:30
  • I'd have to go over to court on Monday to See what I can do about this. – Adam Dec 28 '19 at 19:32

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.