As a Jamaican with a USA green card, what document would I need to visit Italy?
US Green Card Holders are not exempt from the visa requirements for the Schengen area. Schengen Visa Info has a great article on this. You need to get a visa just like any other Jamaican, but you should also submit a copy of your green card.
Jamaican citizens need visa for travelling to Italy as tourist. The stay is usually Short stay with a period of 90 days and visa expires in 90 days. Applicant is required to be present when applying for visa and a total of 10 documents are required.
As of December 2019 what you need to submit is:
- Visa Application Form.
- Valid Passport.
- US Residence Permit (Green Card).
- Photo taken within the last three months.
- Cover Letter.
- Rount-Trip Fliht Itinerary.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Means of Subsistence.
- Travel Insurance.
Schengen Visa Requirements for US Residents and Green Card Holders According to Applicant’s Employment Status
Depending on your employment status in the US, here is a list of additional documents that are required to submit when applying to obtain a Schengen visa in the US:
For US employees:
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
For the self-employed:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
For foreign students on F1 visas:
- Valid I-20
- Reference letter from educational institution (school/college/university) stating that you are in good standing, your major and the expected date of graduation.
- For foreign students in the US on F1 visas:
- Valid I-20
- Reference letter from educational institution (school/college/university) in the US, stating that you are in good standing, your major and the expected date of graduation.
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
If unemployed and married to an EU citizen:
- A recent (less than 3 months old) Confirmation of Employment letter from their spouse’s employer stating the position held within the company as well as the starting date,
- Spouse’s valid passport
- An officially marriage certificate.
Required documents for visa application for underage children
- Original birth certificate
- Signed travel consent from both parents
- If one parent is not located in the United States they should submit their signed consent to the Embassy/Consulate of their residing country