I am a US citizen with a valid US passport, and have a long stay visa for France. I'm getting my residence card next Month, as part of my EU blue card. Is it possible to take the Paris <-> London train using my global entry ID card (or something else) and not bring my passport?

The reason I ask is that I need to renew my passport, since it expires soon-ish, and the timing of this potential trip is right in the window of when the consulate may still have it and be processing it.

  • 1
    As I recall, Global Entry applies only to certain countries that neighbor the USA, e. g. the Bahamas and Canada.
    – CarlF
    Dec 18, 2019 at 20:05
  • @CarlF To use it to go through customs, yes, but I was thinking of it as just an alternate ID if I don't have my passport, like a DL or something. Dec 21, 2019 at 7:18

1 Answer 1


You need your passport https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk As a US citizen, residence in another EU country doesn’t give you the right to enter the UK without your passport.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .