I live in Thailand and use a dual SIM smartphone currently containing only one SIM card which is my local prepaid Thailand SIM card.
I already visited Vietnam twice; each time for a few days;
In both cases I bought a prepaid SIM card inside an airport;
Both SIM cards I bought were of Mobifone and aimed for tourists (for "one month") usage.
Both aforementioned SIM cards contained similar specification:
1) Web package
- 4GB web bandwidth
- 4MB web download speed
2) Telephony package
- Unlimited incoming local phone calls
- Unlimited incoming global phone calls
- Unlimited outgoing local phone calls
- Some possibility for outgoing global phone calls
3) SMS package
- Unlimited incoming local SMSs
- Unlimited incoming global SMSs
- Unlimited outgoing local SMSs
- Some possibility for outgoing global SMSs
By unlimited incoming global SMSs I could keep getting SMSs From Thailand based on my Thai phone number → from both my Thai cellular operator and Thai bank company (often based on their applications) and thus both top up my Thai prepaid SIM card and control my Thai bank account overseas.
I need a SIM card for six months or one year with a similar specification but with;
Unlimited internet bandwidth for fair/plausible use (non commercial use).
I believe such SIM card will only be sold outside a Vietnam airport.
Where to buy a similar Vietnam SIM card aimed for locals/expats (not for tourists) in HCMC?