Is it possible for me to get a standard tourist visa as an unemployed person? I live in the Philippines and my friend of almost 4 years wants to sponsor me for a visa. What documents do I need to present?

  • It is possible but highly unlikely. Do you have any ties to the Philippines such as dependent family, property? Any previous travel history to equivalent jurisdictions eg Schengen, Australia, USA? Does your long term friend support you in the Philippines and if so do you have evidence eg bank statements to prove that? – Traveller Dec 1 '19 at 22:03
  • sponsor bank statement?we travel in asia before in hongkong,macau china,,but this is my first time to apply a standard tourist visa,,yes i have a ties to the philippines family,,.yes he supported me previously,,, – Ryan Patrick Sotelo Dec 2 '19 at 2:27
  • 1
    Related: Unemployed person applying for UK visa. See this question as most of the advice there also applies to your situation. – Michael Hampton Dec 2 '19 at 3:55
  • 1
    Also you should be careful if your friend in the UK is actually a romantic interest. The UK dislikes when people try to conceal romantic relationships; you should disclose the fact if it is romantic. The UK will not disclose the relationship to your government, so you need not be overly concerned if your government would not like the relationship. If it is not a romantic relationship, then the UK will wonder why your friend wishes to sponsor you, and you should have a strong explanation for this. – Michael Hampton Dec 2 '19 at 3:59
  • its not a romantic relationship,his only a longterm friend and his married,, – Ryan Patrick Sotelo Dec 2 '19 at 10:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.