Am planning to travel in Syktyvkar, Russia to meet the girl I met on a dating site. What document should I need to apply for a tourist visa? I'm currently residing here in Barcelona, Spain.
There are two Russian embassies in Spain you can contact to apply for a tourist visa.
Consular department of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Kingdom of Spain Address:
Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Barcelona
- Address: av. Pearson, 34, 08034 Barcelona
- Phone: (8-10-34-93) 280-54-32, 280-02-20
- Fax: (8-10-34-93) 280-55-41
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Web: http://barcelona.mid.ru
- Business hours: from Monday to Friday — from 10.00 to 13.30
- Emergency phone number in case of emergency: +34-609-306-346; +34-647-574-539
They will ask you to fill out an application online. You will need to create an application with a password on the website of the Consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
The documents you will need, in order to process a Russian tourist visa are:
- Your original passport with at least 2 blank visa-designated pages (passport must be valid for at least 6 months after intended departure date from Russia).
- Two copies of Russian visa application form, completed and signed.
- Two passport-size photos signed on the back.
- If Tour Group or Cruise Passenger: Letter from tour company or cruise line confirming itinerary and including a copy of the confirmation from authorized Russian travel company which shows the reference number and confirmation number for the visa.
- If Individual Travel: Confirmation of hotel arrangements from authorized Russian travel company, or directly from the Russian hotel, showing reference number and confirmation number for the visa.
You will need a letter of invitation, either from a tour group, or hotel in order to register you as a valid tourist in Russia. If you get a letter of invitation from a tour group business, you can pay online and have it emailed to you. If you get a letter of invitation from a hotel, they can process it online when you email them about it. The hotels can do it for free (usually), whereas tourist groups will charge you a small fee. Good luck!