I'm living in Canada holding my PR card. I have plan to go Switzerland.
I got my Swiss visa multiple entry. But I booked my flight Toronto to Spain then 4 hours stay in Spain, Barcelona. Then Spain to Switzerland.
Do I have to get a transit visa for Spain?

1 Answer 1


No. Spain and Switzerland are both in the Schengen area. Your Swiss visa permits you to enter the Schengen area, anywhere. You will do that in Spain.

  • when I applied for visa they were asked me what is the first entry and I gave Swiss as answer Is that ok too ? Also other thing to mention that I have Sri Lankan Passport and living in Canada PR card holder
    – Motor Wars
    Nov 25, 2019 at 0:04
  • 1
    It is perfectly normal for an itinerary to be changed a bit, depending on e.g. flight availability. As long as the justification for the trip remains valid and Switzerland still is your main destination you should be fine.
    – user99895
    Nov 26, 2019 at 8:27
  • @MotorWars Arne is correct. Changing your itinerary slightly (for example because you found a more favorable itinerary with a different airline) should not cause any problems.
    – phoog
    Nov 26, 2019 at 20:06

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .