There's a particular field which asks for final country of destination visa information if applicable. I read online that it only counts in case of transit. Since I am spending 8 days in the Schengen area starting with Germany, then going to Dubai, spend 3 weeks there with family, which I am yet to apply for a visa for(I need one), and then back to the US on my F1 visa. What do I fill, if at all I fill anything? I am travelling by air entirely.
That would be Field 28 of the Application for Schengen Visa
- Entry permit for the final country of destination, where applicable
The handbook implies that destination visas should be checked to verify that a onward ticket can be undertaken
- so the text at 6.6.1 could also apply for a non-transit visa
For the Cousulate, your final destination is returning to the United States
- so the present lack of a Dubai visa
is probably not of great importance, since if that is denied you can still return to the United States.
The Annex to Commission Decision No C(2010) 1620 establishing the Handbook for the processing of visa applications and the modification of issued visas
5.2.1 Non-exhaustive list of supporting documents regarding the purpose of the journey, the accommodation and the assessment of the applicant’s intention to leave the territory of the Member States that may be requested by the consulate
(3) for journeys undertaken for the purposes of tourism or for private reasons:
in the case of transit: visa or other entry permit for the third country of destination; tickets for onward journey;
6.6.1 How to verify the sufficient means for leaving the territory of the Member States?
The consulate should check the following:
– if the applicant has presented an onward ticket, it should be checked whether he is in possession of a visa or any other document allowing the entry into the intended country of destination.