I want to know do I need a transit visa I am US F1 visa holder and having 2 hrs stop at Vancouver.

  • 1
    Where are you from (passport)? – JuanCa Oct 24 '19 at 17:19
  • @JuanCa I presume India from the tag – Uciebila Oct 24 '19 at 17:33
  • Apparently,they need it. – JuanCa Oct 24 '19 at 17:36

Yes, you need a visa to transit through Canada. You can apply for a free transit visa here. If you are travelling from or to the U.S., you don't even have to give your biometrics for the visa application.


The only people eligible for transit without visa (if their passport normally needs a visa to visit Canada) are nationals of Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, and China. Since you are traveling on an Indian passport, you are not eligible for transit without visa, and since Indian nationals need a visa to visit Canada, you need a visa to transit Canada also. As Mophotla mentioned, it is free to apply for a Canadian transit visa.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.