I'm an Indian passport holder with the KSA work visa for one year. Next month I'm flying from India to Saudi Arabia with a 12 hour of layover at Kuwait Airport. I would like to get out of the airport for two or three hours to visit my family and friends who all are in Kuwait.

I have my GCC resident card with a labour profession.

What are the procedures to get a Kuwait transit visa?


1 Answer 1


You will need a transit visa. As a foreign resident of a GCC country you still require a visa to leave the airport, or have a transit time of more than 24 hours, only people who are citizens of GCC countries are exempt from visas. You are able to obtain the visa at the airport for KD2.

Although citizens of GCC countries can travel to Kuwait visa-free, foreign residents living in GCC countries need a visa to enter Kuwait. (source)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.