Does the taxi waiting time impact the taxi fare when taking a taxi from Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE)'s taxi stand?
I see the waiting time on my taxi ride receipt, which makes me wonder:
Yes, it does. Though:
The department of transport, Taoyuan City gave the following notice regarding taxi fare (translation mine):
The taxi fare in this [Taoyuan] city is charged as follow:
1. Initial charge: First 1,250m - NTD 95
2. Subsequent charge: Every 250m thereafter - NTD 5
3. Delayed time [waiting] charge: Speed below 5km/h - NTD 5 per 150 seconds
4. Journeys from taxi stands in Taiwan Taoyuan Intl Airport are subject to 15% surcharge.
5. [Surcharge during Chinese New Year that is irrelevant to this question]
6. Same fare during the day and evening
7. This notice only modifies the wording of the fare schedule, but not the fare.
Note the other answer links to a fare schedule provided by Taipei City. TPE falls in the jurisdiction of Taoyuan City and hence any taxi you board is likely to follow Taoyuan City's fare schedule.
For your journey, the fare is charged as follow:
This gives a running total of NTD 950. Adding the 15% surcharge (NTD 142.5, with a round up NTD 145) and the freeway surcharge (30 NTD) leads to the final fare of NTD 1,125.
That looks like it should be the cost for being stuck in traffic. It's not specific to the airport, just a common way taxi fares work to balance distance and time.
(2) Prolonged metering: It’s NT$5 for every 100 seconds for slow-moving taxis at under 5km per hour.