I'm 23 years old and got my Bachelor degree last year. I want take a break and visit U.S. and want to stay 3 months or more, but my dad is financing my trip because I don't work. Is there a problem that I want to stay that long and I'm not financing it myself?

  • 3
    In order to be approved for the visa, you must demonstrate that you have a reason to leave the US at the end of your stay. What reason do you have to leave the US and return to your country? Sep 23, 2019 at 22:14
  • 1
    Reason to leave is as important as finances. You have to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent.
    – Traveller
    Sep 23, 2019 at 23:26
  • Use the "Search on Travel" box at the top of the page to search for "US presumption of immimgrant intent" for more info. The discussion on this page: travel.stackexchange.com/questions/80630/… will help you get oriented to the challenge. Sep 24, 2019 at 1:14
  • 1
    23, no job, probably no spouse, you're from a country that needs a visa. You look like someone who will overstay and work under the table. I would be surprised if you get a visa. Sep 24, 2019 at 4:22
  • Can you clarify your citizenship?
    – jcaron
    Sep 24, 2019 at 5:52

1 Answer 1

  • They want clarity where the money comes from. A parent funding a 23-year-old is normal, so that is no problem if your father can afford it.
  • They want confidence that you will leave again. That will be difficult for a 23-year-old who can spend several months on vacation -- that is, someone who has no job or studies lined up soon.
  • Thank you for answering. That's why I asked because I know it sounds that I want to overstay there but the thing is I have my family and everything here, so I just want to stay that much to explore as much as I can because always wanted to visit U.S..
    – Agnesa
    Sep 24, 2019 at 15:17

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .