On June 20 I am backpacking around Europe for almost 3 months with friends and then I will be living in Italy for 3 months as an Au Pair. I am unsure what visa I will need to apply for.

Will I need a study visa (I can sign up for italian classes)?

A subordinate visa? And am I able to have a Schengen visa and another visa purely for Italy?

  • 6
    What nationality are you? – choster Mar 21 '13 at 0:09

This highly depends what nationality you are. If I assume that you are not from the EU, you need to apply for a long stay visa. If you are non-EU and from Canada, Australia or New Zealand, you can apply for a working holiday visa.

There are two websites which give you more information on the process:

protected by mindcorrosive Mar 13 '14 at 14:54

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.