My 6 year old son will be traveling to the US with my wife. I applied online, paid the fee and got the confirmation email. In that email, in the section about the required documents for all visas, it says:

Accompanying family members, unless entering the United States for another purpose, should present a marriage certificate (spouse) and/or birth certificate (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable.

What exactly does this mean? Should I also send his birth certificate by courier (he is eligible for courier application)?

  • That statement is definitely odd. Can you give some more context for it? – Michael Hampton Sep 21 '19 at 9:10
  • @MichaelHampton I don't know what else I can tell. This is the full text: immigration4us.com/required-documents-us-visas. – Otavio Macedo Sep 21 '19 at 11:10
  • 1
    That is not an official US government website. It looks like some sort of visa agent. Be cautious about such services. Some are legitimate but others can be scams. – Michael Hampton Sep 21 '19 at 20:56
  • Yes, I know that. But the email that I received contains the exact same text. I just linked it here because it was more convenient than pasting the while content. – Otavio Macedo Sep 22 '19 at 7:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.