My grand son studying 3rd Std is with us, with his parents away in Bangalore. He has an expired-passport and a school ID card. He has no Aadhaar card yet. For entry into airports, what proof should I carry for him? Will a School photo ID, or a notary or a certificate by (Central/State ) Gztd Officer serve the purpose?
- There shall not be any requirement of identity proof in respect of Infant/Minor accompanied by their parents/guardian who is a bonafide passenger having a valid identity proof as listed above. However, an unaccompanied minor shall be required to produce a valid identity proof as listed above.
If you accompany the child, it looks like they won't need an ID card for entering the airport. It also says:
- In case of a passenger who for some valid reasons is not in a position to produce any of the above-listed photo identity proofs, the Identity Certificate issued by a Group' A' Gazetted Officer of the Central/State Government on his official letterhead with passenger's photograph duly attested will be valid for this purpose.
The list of acceptable identity proofs (given in item (2)) is:
- Voter Photo Identity card issued by Election Commission of India;
- Aadhaar or m-Aadhaar issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI);
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department;
- Driving License issued by RTO;
- Service Photo Identity Card issued by State/Central Government, Public Sector Undertakings, local bodies or Public Limited Companies;
- Student Photo Identity Cards issued by Government Institutions/Government recognized Educational Institutions;
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with attested Photograph;
- Pension card / Pension documents having photograph of the passenger;
- Disability Photo ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations