What type of Canadian visa should I apply for to attend a conference and tourism in Canada? Is it a work visa or a visit visa?

2 Answers 2


The type of visa you need is the same regardless of whether you go for business, tourism or transit. Canada calls this the temporary resident visa. You may choose business while applying for the visa, and you will receive a temporary resident visa which is good for all of these purposes.

  • Do I select this option for conference: "I want to conduct international business activities in Canada, but will not enter the Canadian labour market." Sep 16, 2019 at 22:27

Your primary visit is the conference, so get a work visa, you can then use this to conduct tourist activities.

  • 3
    A work visa is not appropriate for a temporary business or tourist visitor. Sep 16, 2019 at 17:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.