I am a green card holder. I am going to France, Spain and Italy with my US citizen friends. In addition to my Schengen visa, do I need a separate visa for London?

  • 1
    Sure. What citizenship do you hold? – Zach Lipton Sep 7 '19 at 1:09
  • 3
    London is not in France, Spain or Italy. It's also not in the Schengen area as per the tag. What exactly is it you're trying to ask? – Doc Sep 7 '19 at 1:25
  • 1
    Sure you can ask for a visa. What passport do you hold? – LR837 Sep 7 '19 at 1:51
  • Philippine passport and I’m still waiting for my interview for citizenship within 6moo and i also – Femi Sep 7 '19 at 2:58
  • I’m waiting for my interview for citizenship within 6 months and my Philippine passport was stamped by the immigration for extension to travel until August next year. – Femi Sep 7 '19 at 3:02

As a green card holder and Filipino citizen, you will indeed need 2 visas.

-One for your trip within the Schengen area (France, Spain, Italy). The consulate you apply to will be the one representing the country which is your main destination (most days spent) out of these three.

-And another visa from the UK so that you may visit London.

| improve this answer | |

The UK is not in the Schengen area which includes most of Europe. This means that there is passport control and in addition to the Schengen visa you got for France, Spain and Italy you will need one for the UK.

While not official, this website seemed to spell things out quite clearly: https://www.tripzilla.ph/uk-tourist-visa-philippine-passport-holders/748

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    I tried to correct the spelling of Italy and add commas. There is a 6 char minimum for an edit. hmmm. – C'est Moi Sep 7 '19 at 18:42
  • @C'estMoi Thanks for that. Fixed! – paullb Sep 7 '19 at 21:30

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.