I'm a former chinese citizen who has became an US Citizen. I want to apply for a visa to go visit China again but I went through a name change during the naturalization process for my US citizenship. The chinese embassy is asking for a proof of name change from a court who approved this and I don't have this. I just found this out and have 3 weeks to my flights departure.

Has anyone been through this process and know how to work around this quickly?

I tried to get this document from UCSIS but apparently the process is lenghtly.

  • A more descriptive title for your question is prefered here at Travel.SE which makes it easier to understand what the question is about. 😊 – Mikael Dúi Bolinder Sep 5 '19 at 18:28
  • Did you get your name change through a USCIS judge at your naturalization ceremony, or via a state court judge? – Michael Hampton Sep 6 '19 at 2:07
  • Putting on hold until OP returns to clarify. – Mark Mayo Sep 19 '19 at 23:24