Can I leave a large suitcase (~ 28.0 x 19.75 x 12.5 inches, i.e. 71.12 x 50.165 x 31.75 cm, and ~15 to 20kg) at TPE during a 4-hour layover, and pick it up 4.5 days later when I come back to TPE, so that I can take the large suitcase to Taipei downtown? If so, where shall I leave the suitcase, and how much does the storage cost?
Context: I am flying SFO->TPE (arriving at 6 AM local time for a 4-hour layover)->CTS (New Chitose Airport); HKD (4.5 days)->TPE (arriving at 7 PM local time for a few days stopover)->SFO. I'll be staying at CTS/HKD (Japan) for 4.5 days, and SFO->TPE->CTS is a 4-hour layover in TPE. All flights are with EVA Airways and were booked together.
I found 3 airport luggage storage options at TPE:
- Smart luggage lockers: don't seem to satisfy my requirements as according to https://en.hellowings.com/blog/post/taoyuan-airport-luggage-storage (mirror) the maximum storage length is three days
- Bonded Luggage Service: I'm confused whether I can use it because https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/arrival_baggage (mirror) says "you may deposit it at the bonded luggage counter for collection on departure." -> I don't want to collect the large suitcase on departure, but instead as I arrive to TPE and head to downtown Taipei.
- Left Luggage and Packing Services: https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/arrival_baggage (mirror) says "provide left luggage service and home collection and delivery services." so it sounds to me that the service is about moving the suitcase around instead of storing it.
I am a French citizen so as far as I know I can enter Taiwan if needs be to deposit my suitcase before leaving to Japan.
- CTS = New Chitose Airport
- HKD = Hakodate Airport
- SFO = San Francisco International Airport
- TPE = Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport