My maternal uncle lives in France. He would like for me to visit. How do I go about this?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo Aug 29 at 22:41

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • I'm assuming you live in Dubai and are a Nepali citizen? – Ozzy Aug 29 at 18:49
  • yes i am living in duabi and i am a nepali citizen. – Sunil Adhikari Aug 30 at 15:49

Assuming you live in Dubai:

As of September 1st, 2019, all visa applications will be processed by the consular service of the Embassy of France in Abu Dhabi.

Visa applicants residing in the United Arab Emirates will have the option to apply either to Dubai VFS Center, which remains open, or to the VFS Center in Abu Dhabi.

That said, all information on how to obtain a short-stay visa is here:

The supporting documents to be provided are as follows:


    Application form dated and signed

    France-Visas receipt.

    ID photograph

    If you are not a national of your country of residence: proof that you are legally resident in that country (e.g. residence permit)

    Travel document issued fewer than 10 years ago, which will remain valid for at least three months after the planned return date and which has at least two blank pages

Purpose of travel/stay

    If applicable, proof of family relationship with the host

    Reservation of a return ticket or travel itinerary

Travel health insurance

    Travel health insurance certificate (cf FAQ)


    Proof of accommodation (Attestation d'accueil)


    Bank statements, pay slips, pension statements

Socio-professional situation

    Proof of socio-professional status (e.g. employment contract, certificate of employment, extract from the trade and companies’ register, school attendance certificate, proof of pension) and any documents demonstrating the applicant’s personal links to the country of residence (e.g. copy of marriage certificate, family record book).

I made some assumptions as to your age and length of stay, but the documents required are nonetheless the same if you are indeed traveling for a family visit.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.